Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Thursday, February 25, 2010

DAY 49 RECIPE: CREAMY DREAMY MASHED POTATOES

So I made a roast beef dinner for my family tonight. Since I have already posted my favourite roast beef recipe earlier, I thought I would post the recipe for the mashed potatoes I made tonight. I have a few different versions of mashed potatoes that I make and this is one of my favs! I will say that I don't normally bake it in a tin foil pie plate, but when I am not at home I use what I can find! They still tasted just as delicious as they always do! Please enjoy!
DAY 49 RECIPE:

CREAMY DREAMY MASHED POTATOES


INGREDIENTS:
10 Medium Sized Russet Potatoes; peeled and cubed
Cold Water
1 Tsp Salt
¼ Cup + 2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
¼ Cup Milk or Cream
½ Cup + 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
½ Tsp Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Place potato pieces in a large pot. Cover with cold water; water level should be at least 1 inch above potatoes. Add 1 Tsp salt. Put on medium high heat and bring to a boil. Keep boiling until potatoes are fork tender.
Drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, slowly heat butter and milk in a small sauce pan. Stir constantly until butter is melted.
Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, pepper and ½ cup of parmesan cheese over potatoes. Mash all together.
Slowly add milk/butter mixture to potatoes and continue to mash until smooth.
Transfer to a baking dish or casserole dish, smooth out the top.
Dot with remaining butter, and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Broil for 5 minutes longer or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment