Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DAY 38 RECIPE: CHICKEN STEW WITH DUMPLINGS

I decided today that I would like to make something warm and comfort food like. I had some chicken. I also had a frozen chicken carcass (sounds gross I know) that I wanted to use. SOOOOO, I thought I would make something that would need chicken stock, so I could use the carcass. Settled on chicken stew with dumplings. My first attempt at dumplings. Turned out really well! Check it out and enjoy!

DAY 38 RECIPE:

CHICKEN STEW WITH DUMPLINGS


INGREDIENTS:
STEW:
1 Lb Boneless, skinless Chicken, cut into small pieces
1 Medium Onion, sliced
2 Celery Ribs, Sliced
1 & ½ Cups Sliced Carrots
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
3 Small Potatoes, cut into 1” pieces
5 Cups Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Canola Oil
6 Tbsp Flour
1 Bay Leaf
1 Tsp Sage
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper

DUMPLINGS:
2 Cups Flour
4 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
4 Tbsp Butter
1 Cup Milk

DIRECTIONS:
STEW:
Heat oil in a dutch oven over high heat.
Add chicken and cook for about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Remove chicken, reduce heat to medium.
Add butter, cooking until melted.
Add flour, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute.
Slowly add stock, stirring constantly. Cook for 10 minutes.
Put chicken back in along with onion, celery, carrots and garlic.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
Add potatoes for the last hour of cooking.

DUMPLINGS:
Toss together flour, baking powder and salt.
Cut in butter.
Add milk and stir together with a fork to make a sticky dough.
After your stew has simmered for two hours, drop giant tablespoons of dough on top of simmering stew. leave a little bit of room between each one. Cover with a tight fitting lid and leave alone for 20 minutes. DO NOT LIFT LID!.


 Now Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment