Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Sunday, February 7, 2010

SUPERBOWL SUNDAY; DAY 35 RECIPE: HEALTHIER CHICKEN NUGGETS

Well, today is Superbowl Sunday. Lots of excitment! Not too exciting around here to be truthful. Daddy had to go to Red Deer today for work. SO, being that I am NOT a football fan, we will not be watching it at our house this year! YAY! I did feel that I would like to have a nice Superbowl Snack day though! I felt however, instead of the heavy, greasy, bad for you snacks that normally accompany Superbowl festivities, I would try a healthier version.  So our feast consisted of Healthy Chicken Nuggets,with veggies and cheese and crackers. then a lovely fruit salad to finish. Tonights recipe for the blog will be Healthier Chicken Nuggets. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we have! A nice change from eating unhealthy, make you feel guilty even if they are tasty snacks!
Though I was planning on not watching this Superbowl game, I will admit I have tuned in for a few minutes every now and then so I could update James (Daddy) while he is driving. Looks to me like New Orleans will be the winner......Guess we will find out in a minute or so!

DAY 35 RECIPE:

HEALTHIER CHICKEN NUGGETS

INGREDIENTS:
2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut into like-size, bite size pieces
¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
½ Cup Oatmeal
2 Eggs
2 Tbsp Water
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Ground Sage

DIRECTIONS:
Pre Heat Oven to 400 Degrees.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spray lightly with baking spray (like PAM).
Now, take 3 soup bowls.
In the first bowl, put ¼ cup of flour.
In the second bowl beat together the eggs and water.
In the third bowl add ½ cup flour, oatmeal, and seasonings. Mix together.
Now dredge chicken pieces through flour, then egg, then flour and oatmeal mixture.
Place chicken pieces onto sheet pan and spray pieces lightly with baking spray (PAM). Place in oven and take for 25 to 30 minutes; turning once halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment