Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Sunday, March 14, 2010

DAY 60 RECIPE: CUCUMBER SANDWICHES(TEA PARTY!)

Today we had our dear friend Liz come for lunch and a visit. Since Liz is British, we thought it would be fun to have a kind of "Tea Party" theme for lunch. It was lovely and the kids loved the little sandwiches!  I did make some peanut butter Tea party sandwiches for them though! We actually made six different kinds of little Tea Party sandwiches, and today my recipe is one for Cucumber Sandwiches.We also served the White Chocolate Cheesecake that I started last night for our dessert! I hope you all enjoy them! I know our British Friend Liz sure did! Thanks for coming over Liz! We had a great time and really enjoyed your company!
DAY 60 RECIPE:

CUCUMBER SANDWICHES

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Large Long English Cucumber, THINLY sliced
3 OZ Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp Miracle Whip
1/2 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
3 Slices White Sandwich Bread
3 Slices Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
1 Tbsp Butter

DIRECTIONS:
In a smallish bowl whip together cream cheese, miracle whip, paprika, salt and garlic powder until smooth.
On one side of each slice of bread spread a thin layer of butter. On top of butter layer, spread a layer of cream cheese mixture (about 1 tbsp per slice of bread).
arrange cucumber slices on all three pieces of white bread to cover.
Place whole wheat bread slices on top.
Carefully cut all crusts from sandwiches. Now slice sandwiches into quarters.
Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...blast from the past. My Mom used to make me little sandwiches like that for special occasions when I was a kid. I haven't thought of that in years, that brought back nice memories, thanks!

    ReplyDelete