Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Saturday, March 20, 2010

DAY 65 RECIPE: CHEESEY CHICKEN POCKETS WITH BACON AND RED PEPPER

Hi there! I missed yesterday! I know! I was actually taken out for a birthday celebration dinner by my wonderful girlfriends! Had such a great time and really loved having my friends around!
Anyhow, I will also be on ANOTHER brief hiatus while I go up to Lac La Biche and  pack up my house, so we can move back to beautiful BC!
I will be back at this ASAP! (End of next week).
For now here is tonights, quick and tasty recipe:
DAY 65 RECIPE:

CHEESEY CHICKEN POCKETS WITH BACON AND RED PEPPER


INGREDIENTS:
2.5 OZ Cream Cheese
1 Cup Grated Aged Cheddar Cheese
1 Pkg Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
8 Slices Cooked Bacon
4 Slices Chicken Breast Slices (Deli Style)
1/2 Small Red Pepper, in thin slices
6 Green onion, halved

DIRECTIONS:
Beat together cream cheese and cheddar with a mixer for 2 minutes.
Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
Unroll crescents and separate into 2 pieces (4 little triangles in each one)
Pat the dough out a little, just to slightly flatten and spread out.
Spread a thin layer of cheese mixture over each piece of dough, not quite to the edges (about a 1/4 inch away).
Lay 2 pieces of chicken slices on each piece of dough.
Now top chicken with bacon(4 pieces per square).
On one half of each dough square, place about 4 strips of red pepper and 1/2 of the green onions.
Fold dough squares in half and press all side together; flip the ends up and squish together.
Place on a parchment lined sheet pan in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve.

1 comment: