Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Sunday, April 18, 2010

DAY 80 RECIPE: SMOKEY TURKEY SANDWICHES

As the weather begins to get warmer, I find myself feeding my family much lighter (and easier to make) types of dinners/meals. Sandwiches, fruit kabobs, salads, etc. It certainly seems that most people really enjoy a lot lighter fare in the warmer seasons.
Today was quite beautiful (for the most part), and I thought I would try a new kind of sandwich. Starting with the base - my all time favourite bun...the amazing and delicious cheese bun from Safeway. Any kaiser bun or large sized bun will do though!
I shall be testing quite a few lunch oriented meals in the next while, as I am trying to put together a great menu for a lunch catering service I shall be getting started in the near future. So exciting! Look forward to recipes for great sandwiches, salads, wraps, soups and more!!!!! (PROBABLY SOME GOODIES/ TREATS TOO!!)
Here is tonights recipe!
DAY 80 RECIPE:
SMOKEY TURKEY SANDWICHES



INGREDIENTS:
4 Large Buns (Kaisers are nice)
400 grams Smoked Turkey Breast, deli slices
8 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
1 Tsp Chilli Powder
½ Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
½ Small Red Pepper, thinly sliced
4 OZ Cheddar Cheese, 8 sandwich sized slices
(If you have it Applewood Smoked Cheddar is
AMAZING here)
About ½ a head of Romaine
Lettuce, washed and dried

DIRECTIONS:
Split and toast buns.
While buns are toasting, mix together mayo, cumin and chilli powder.
On both sides of each bun spread about 1 tbsp of mayo mixture.
Starting on bun bottoms, layer about ¼ of turkey on each bun, followed by 2 slices of cheese, then a few slices of onion, a few slices of pepper, and lettuce leaves to taste. Place bun tops on top of lettuce. Cut in half and serve.
***to make this sandwich even better, try adding a few slices of crispy cooked bacon!

2 comments:

  1. i miss your camera :(
    i hope that you can find a good deal on one before Riley's b day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg...me tooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss having the photos on here and I definately need one for the party! Though Mom (Grandma Paparazzi) will be there with hers! hee hee

    ReplyDelete