Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Friday, February 19, 2010

DAY 47 RECIPE: SESAME GINGER CHICKEN

Today has been a hectic and crazy day! We have been so busy in my house this week today and tomorrow will be the most chaotic though. Sunday my kids, my cat, my little sister and I are taking a trip. We are off to my hometown (Cranbrook) to spend 5 weeks with my Mom and her husband. My husband will be going for some schooling in Red Deer for those five weeks, so you may see some different kinds of recipes in the coming weeks on here, as I will be trying some more "figure friendly" recipes while I am away.
I would also like to take this oppurtunity to tell you all that Sunday and Monday will bring no new recipes, as I will be on the road.
Back to business. Tonights recipe is a chicken dish. Big surprise!  haha. It is actually really quick to make and a bit lighter fare than my usual. Good when you are short on time. Please enjoy!
DAY 47 RECIPE:

SESAME GINGER CHICKEN


INGREDIENTS:
1 Lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast or Thigh; Thinly cut into 1 inch pieces
¼ Cup Soy Sauce
¼ Cup Water
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
½ Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 Tbsp Sugar
¼ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
+2 Tbsp Oil (for cooking)

DIRECTIONS:
In a shallow container mix soy sauce, water, 1 tbsp oil, sesame oil, garlic powder, ginger, sugar, and cayenne Pepper. Mix together with a fork until sugar is dissolved.
Add chicken, turning a few times to make sure all chicken is coated and in the marinade.
Let sit 10 minutes to 1 hour.
Now heat remaining oil in a non stick fry pan over medium high heat.
Add chicken, making sure that chicken pieces are flat and single layer. Let cook 2 minutes. Add whatever marinade is left to the pan. Let cook for 4 more minutes. Turn chicken over. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sesame seeds. Cook 4 minutes. Turn again. Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle remaining sesame seeds on chicken. Cook 2 more minutes. Flip one more time and cook 2 more minutes.

2 comments: