Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

DAY 26 RECIPE: gARLIC AND HERB SOFT BREADSTICKS

 Today I was not feeling all that great. Did I feel like excerting alo of energy making dinner? NO. What did I do? Well, I had some leftover soup, so I thought I would serve that. I also thought it would be really nice to make some delicious soft breadsticks. I like making those, they are tasty and the kids like to help. So the kids and I made the bread sticks, so I hope you all enjoy the recipes and the photos!

DAY 26  RECIPE:


GARLIC AND HERB SOFT BREAD STICKS


INGREDIENTS:
1 & 1/3 Cup White Flour
1 & 1/3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
3 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
1 tsp EACH Thyme, Basil, Rosemary, and Salt
2 Tsp Oregano
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Cup Lukewarm Water
1 Tsp Sugar
2 & ¼ Tsp Quick Rising Yeast
2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine, melted.
1 & ½ Tsp Garlic powder
Pinch Sea Salt



DIRECTIONS:
Pre Heat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl, dissolve sugar in water. Sprinkle yeast over top cover loosely with a tea towel and let site 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine flours, thyme, basil, rosemary, salt, oregano and 2 tsp garlic powder.
Cut in 3 tbsp of butter until crumbly.
Add yeast mixture and mix with a fork until dough forms into a ball. This may be a little easier if you use your hands!
Make “worm” shapes from the dough(roll into long cylinders) about ½ inch high and 5 inches long.
Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile mix 1&½ tsp of garlic powder with melted butter.
Brush garlic butter over the bread sticks and return to oven for 5 more minutes.

1 comment:

  1. These are the best pictures of the babies! I love seeing them and think it is a wonderful addition o your blog!

    ReplyDelete