Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

DAY 27 RECIPE: GIANT HOT WINGS

My husband, James, LOVE LOVE LOVES spicy food. This has been quite a challenge for me. I CANNOT eat spicy food and never have. I am actually allergic to peppers of any kind, so we have some really different tastes, to say the least! I can't even eat chilli powder in the smallest amount or my face triples in size!
When we were growing up, we never had spicy food. The hottest it got was Spaghetti! My Mom is not huge on seasoning her food SORRY MOM!  I will say though that my Mom is an amazing baker, and has taught me well!
So I have been learning ALOT over the last 4 years or so in the seasoning ans spice department. There have been quite a few mishaps, and poor James has always been my willing guinea pig. The not spicy enough is not that terrible, but when I over spice it, there are some interesting side effects! I have found a good balance in most things now, so I am happy to share what I have found.

These |wings" are pretty spicy, but I am told they will not burn you out! Hopefully you will find a chance to check these out and you all can give me some feed back! Hope you enjoy!

DAY 27 RECIPE:


GIANT HOT WINGS


INGREDIENTS:
10 Chicken drumsticks
½ Cup Ketchup
4 Tbsp Hot Sauce ( I used hot chilli sauce, it makes the sauce a little thicker)
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Cumin
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
2 Tbsp Molasses

DIRECTIONS:
Pre Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix all ingredients (except Chicken) in a large zip top bag, massage to thoroughly mix all ingredients together.
Add chicken and smush around.
If your chicken won’t all fit nicely into one bag, separate the sauce and chicken into two bags.
You can let this sit in the fridge for up to 4 hours or so; or you can throw it in the oven right away!
When you are ready to cook them, throw them in a FOIL LINED casserole dish. Pour any leftover sauce over the top of the chicken and throw it in the oven for 45 minutes.

*** This recipe works wonderfully for regular sized chicken wings as well, or mini chicken drumsticks. If you use the these instead of the drumsticks, use about 2 pounds of chicken.

1 comment: