Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Saturday, January 30, 2010

DAY 30 RECIPE: SLOW COOKED PORK ROAST WITH BROWN SUGAR AND ROSEMARY GLAZE

It seems I have had a long standing fear of the Pork Roast. Not that I am afraid of physical harm or life ruin at the hands of the pork roast. But I have had more of an intimidation I suppose. Tonight I have over come that! Yay me! I managed to make a tender, moist, delicious pork roast! My plan for my recipe deviated as the day progrssed, but everyone was quite happy with the results! I hope everyone who tries this enjoys it as much! And if anyone else out there suffers from pork roast intimidation, I hope this helps you over come it as well.

DAY 30 RECIPE:




SLOW COOKED PORK ROAST


WITH BROWN SUGAR AND ROSEMARY GLAZE




INGREDIENTS:
1- 1.5-2LB Boneless Pork Roast
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Brown Sugar
½ Cup Apple Juice
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Prepared Mustard
1 Tbsp Rosemary
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
½ Tsp EACH Whole Cloves, Ginger, and Pepper
¼ Tsp Cinnamon


GLAZE:
½ Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Mustard
1 Tbsp Rosemary
2 Tbsp Apple Juice


DIRECTIONS;
In a bowl combine all ingredients EXCEPT PORK. Stir until brown sugar is dissolved.
Place roast in crock pot. Pour sauce over the roast. Flip it onto the other side to ensure that it is completely covered with sauce.
Cook in slow cooker for 5 hours on low. If you are around it is nice to baste the roast every 45 minutes to an hour.
TO MAKE GLAZE:
About 10 minutes before your roast is done; combine all glaze ingredients in a small sauce pan. Cook on medium low for about 10 minutes, until it reaches a nice smooth consistency. Stir constantly.
Remove Roast from slow cooker and place on a serving plate. Pour or brush glaze over entire roast. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment