Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oh Sunday....time for some Celebrity Rehab and tasty food:)

Today is Sunday. What does that mean to you? Have to go back to work tomorrow? Have to work today? Church? Hubby FINALLY goes back to work tomorrow? haha. Cleaning day? Sleep in day? Who knows!? It means lots of different things to lots of different people. To me, it means, hateful football on the TV, relaxing with my family, one of my favourite show on TV tonight! (Celebrity rehab). But does it have to mean a big time consuming meal at dinner? I know it seems to be a traditional Sunday night for lots of people. Never really was in my family when I was growing up.
Over the years I have thought that perhaps I was missing out on something. Now that I have my own little family, I thought a few times, that I would try to implement this Sunday Dinner tradition. Now I have realized that, it just creates more stress on a day that should be relaxing! Sometimes we end up having the big, time consuming meal. Mostly it ends up being left overs or throw togethers. As much as I love to cook, I think that maybe spending some quality time with my family shall outweigh slaving in the kitchen.
Of course, with that said, tonight we are having roast beef with mashed potatoes, veggies, and yorkshire pudding. Am I a hypocrite? haha.
I would love to hear some thoughts from anyone reading this...what does Sunday mean to you? And do you implement the "Sunday Dinner" tradition in your family?

1 comment:

  1. Sunday to me sort of means an ending. It was never one of my favorite days because it meant the weekend was over. You couldn't stay up late because there was work or school the next day. I guess it was kind of like, anything you started to do was going to end too soon. Reminds me of going 90 miles an hour (or 144 kms per hour) down a dead end road. Now Friday...Friday has always been my favorite day of the week.

    ReplyDelete