Backlink Builder

Enter Keyword (Theme)

Monday, April 5, 2010

DAY 70 RECIPE: WONDERFUL EASTER ANGELFOOD CAKE

Happy Easter everyone! By the time I had finished making the dinner and cleaning up last night I was done! All I could do was get my kids into bed and watch "Sober House"  lol....So anyhow, I thought I would share a recipe from last night that is really simple and is such a nice little added treat for Easter!
My Granny used to make these beautiful cakes every Easter and they just give me such fond memories. This is my version of her fun Easter tradition:)
Quick note, I have to say I honestly, really do not use cake mixes very often, but I have never even attempted and Angelfood cake from scratch before. The mixes for them are far too easy to give up on them!
Hope some of you can enjoy this fun tradition as much as we have!
DAY 70 RECIPE:
WONDERFUL EASTER ANGELFOOD CAKE


INGREDIENTS:
1 Pkg Angel Food cake Mix
1 Pint Whipping Cream
¼ Cup Sugar
12 “Easter Egg” Jelly Beans
¼ Cup Shredded, Sweetened Coconut
5 Drops Red Food Colouring
5 Drops Green Food Colouring
5 Drops Blue Food Colouring
8 Drops Yellow Food Colouring

DIRECTIONS:
Mix cake batter according to package directions. Divide batter into 3 bowls.
Add red food colouring to one, blue to another, and green to the last. GENTLY mix colours into batters.
In an Angel food cake pan, drop pink batter in first, then layer the blue, then the green.
Bake and cool according to package directions.
When completely cooled, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and yellow food colouring. Continue to whip until a nice strong consistency is achieved (like whipped cream;)).
Spread whipped cream evenly over entire cake. Divide coconut into 4 piles. With the coconut piles, make 4 little “birds nests” on the top of the cake. Push 3 jelly bean “eggs” into each “nest”.
Tiny coloured pipe cleaner Easter Chickens make a nice and fun finishing touch to this cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment